K-TIP Radio began broadcasting in 1947. Since then, K-TIP has had many hallmarks including first radio station in California to broadcast 24/7. K-TIP Radio covers Tulare and Kings Counties (between Bakersfield and Fresno) under the ownership of Mimi and Larry Stoneburner. The station has always been there to support our local community. Our location and call letters have never changed and our mission has varied little over the past 60 plus years. K-TIP Radio is one of the few “mom and pop” family owned stations left in the country.
* K-TIP Radio is a News/Talk station. No one covers countywide news better than K-TIP Radio, with multiple newscasts through out each weekday. We are proud to work with our television news partner KSEE 24 (NBC) of Fresno.
* The heart of K-TIP Radio is our live programming. Almost one third of our daytime schedule is live. The programs allow listeners to interact with on-air personalities.
* K-TIP Radio receives over 2,500 telephone calls each month during Buyer’s Merchant, Buyer’s and Trader’s Market, our travel and leisure show plus Hopper in the Morning. Of note, these are the calls that actually got through!
* The remainder of our format is syndicated talk shows. Some of the shows include Dennis Prager, Clark Howard, Dave Ramsey, Kim Komando Computer show and George Noory.
* K-TIP Radio is community involved. Our staff are ambassadors for five county Chambers of Commerce. Memberships include rotary, active in the Tulare County Farm Bureau. Porterville College Foundation, Porterville Adult Daycare Services to name a few.
Small Business of the Year, Visalia Chamber of Commerce, 2009
Small Business of the Year, Porterville Chamber of Commerce 2008-2009
Porterville Adult Daycare Services, Outstanding Board Member, Jan Krafve 2009
Outstanding Business, City of Porterville 2007
Runner Up, Small Business of the Year, Visalia Chamber of Commerce 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008